Thursday, July 4, 2013

My home is my sanctuary

Tonight I am grateful for my home. As I sit in my bungalow, I can sense peace all around me. I see lights dimly lit. I smell a warm floral scent from my romantic candles. I feel the soft cotton from my orange, fuzzy throw. There is light chatter echoing out from the television as my husband and dog are peacefully sleeping in the other room. It's my little corner of the world. I appreciate it. I am happy here!

I am thankful for my physical dwelling. There are so many tonight that have no warmth, no food and no home. But GOD saw fit for me to have all this and more. It is my duty to honor God here. I earnestly try to make it a daily practice to keep Him right in the center of our dwelling, making sure He is comfortable here because I want Him to stay. He is welcome, and I appreciate His presence.

"He that dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust." Psalm 91:1-2



The longer I live, the more I realize how little it takes to truly be happy. My life is simple. There isn't much noise in my world, and I have few connections with the "unnecessaries". My lifelines link to my family and very few friends. I can sit back and thank God for all that I have because I know it comes from Him. I didn't have to fight, push, tug, or cheat my way through life. I realize that when I surrender, He opens Himself to me.



No comments:

Post a Comment