Tuesday, May 1, 2012

I am a cracked pot, a light for God

I want to spread light. Everwhere that I go, in everything that I do, I want God's light to shine in, over and through me. That is the only way people will see Him through me.

Cindy Trimm, author of Commanding Your Morning said it like this:

"Light is not only the absence of darkness, but it is also the yoke-breaking presence of God, the liberating essence of truth, and the mind-transforming potential of every revelation of God- it is all that is good within and among us."

It's amazing, yet peculiar how God can literally use anything to share His light through His people- even our own brokeness and imperfections. Today I got back from work and a woman stopped and asked me about my hair. Very simple conversation, right? Well, the conversation just seemed to bubble over into a total God moment when I was able to talk about how much God really doesn't care so much about our appearance, but rather that our heart's be pure and honor Him. It was such an inspirational moment even for me because I didn't even plan on saying those words- but God used me to spread light in a dark place.

"For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of God’s glory displayed in the face of Christ. But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us." II Corinthians 4:6-7

My relationship with God has become so exciting over the years. I love the opportunity to be used by Him. I am so thankful for holy boldness. I remember as a kid I was so shy. I had to pray to God to deliver me from the fear and for the boldness in Him. Now when I tell people that, they laugh because there's nothing shy about me! I appreciate the evidence of a prayer being answered in my life.


Today I am thankful to be a light for Jesus. Are you willing to yield and let God use you to do the same?

No comments:

Post a Comment