Friday, May 11, 2012

The blessing of a complete work

Sleepy and grumpy. Two feelings I try to avoid. Today I sat at my desk wanting and wishing all of my work would go away for the rest of the day. Wanting to put my files away for some other time, something in my spirit urged me to finish until the days tasks were done. I heard, "There's a blessing in a completed work."

What if God, in all His glory and forgetlessness, did not finish His holy work in and through us? I mean, what if He literally gave up dealing with the matters of our souls? I recall to mind the scripture that says:

"Being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.." Phillipians 1:6

I am so grateful to serve a God that is complete and whole, in return making us complete and whole. Like Him, He desires that we have the faith to push and press through our own physical emotions and limitations to trust Him enough even for daily tasks- but more importantly with our hearts.

Today, I encourage you to finish the tasks that lie before you. Those things you put on the back burner for "another day." Take control of your life by responsibly pursuing the God given assignments in your life. Don't ignore them. The work God has for your life is good. Allow God to also complete the work within you. In due time, the work will stand sure of masterpiece of the hands of a complete God.


God equipped you to finish your life assignments!


No comments:

Post a Comment