Thursday, March 29, 2012

Trayvon Martin

As you can clearly see, this post is not so much about a beautiful day. I don't mind it though, and I hope you don't, because there are so many things on my heart. Among the most recent is the situation concerning Trayvon Martin's murder.

My heart aches so much for this child and his family. But not just for them, but for the entire situation. Even for Zimmerman. Why are we so blind to see the hatred in our society? Are we so far gone that even a child isn't exempt? I'm so disturbed that I am literally sick to my stomach. Humanity needs to turn back to God.

There are so many thoughts and words in my mind, yet nothing seems to be able to come out in a way that sums up entirely how I feel about the situation. In fact, the only thing that I can think of that is most beneficial is actually prayer. That is the only hope we have, God our Saviour. He is the only one that can heal our land. Please, in your quiet moments render up a prayer for the Martin family, and all those that are affected by the situation including Zimmerman. God has a plan that far exceeds our thoughts and ideas and even reasonings.

May God rest his soul.

"If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land." 2 Chronicles 7:14

1 comment:

  1. Amen and Amen! Great Post Elle! Let's keep the love & movements going for Peace & Justice in the World, In Jesus Name! - JT

    ReplyDelete