Monday, January 9, 2012

What I'm taking from 2011

Last year I made a list of things that I want to take from the year as life inspirations. Usually they are nuggets of wisdom, but they don't have to be. I find this a better way of looking forward to the new year rather than looking back with regret. No year is perfect, but we take the good with us to help us carry on.

Here is a list of things that I learned from 2011 that I am taking with me into the new year.

1) Peace and Quiet
2) Trust- For God, for myself and for others.
3) Unconditional love
4) Forgiveness
5) Consistent exercise practices
6) Healthy eating habits
7) Innovative and creative ideas
8) Fearlessness
9) Openness
10) Appreciation
11) The enjoyment of simple pleasures
12) Laughter
13) A healthy, happy, peaceful home

I can honostly say that I have achieved a lot of my goals from last year. But when I look back over the years at all my goals and resolutions, I realize how tangible they all used to be. The more I grow as a person the more internal and eternal they become.

I am happy about that!
"In all your ways acknowlege Him and He shall direct thy paths." Proverbs 3:6

No comments:

Post a Comment