Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Leave the details to Him

Looking back so many times in life I've been tempted to worry about the details of my life. I'm a natural planner. When ideas flood my mind I am quick to come up with my own plan of action. It's something I enjoy. I like to see the ball rolling in a progressive direction.

But when things don't go my way my flesh wants to complain and blame God as if He had something to do with it. And now that I think about it, perhaps He did! See, when we put our lives into God's hands, our life is no longer our own. And when we don't submit our will to God we aggressively retrieve it back while our spirit says "No God, I can handle this one."

Many times we view God as harsh and demanding- someone who wants to control our every move. When in reality God delights in seeing His people enjoy life. He simply wants us to submit (willingly give) to His plan for our lives because He knows all the details that concern us. When we submit we sign up for an insurance plan for supreme protection and added blessing.

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD." Isaiah 55:8

Toil and worry does not move God. But our faith pleases Him.Wouldn't you rather have a blessing in the timing and manner of God than a headache?

Today, leave the details to Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment