Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Make me over

Have you ever felt like it was time for a change? Not a new hairstyle, or a new wardrobe. I'm talking about something on the inside. Those old stale habits. A bad attitude. Or maybe more courage. Oh, and let's not forget healing. Maybe someone did you wrong, or you did someone wrong and you need forgiveness to activate in your life. I confidently raise my own hand because that's where I am now. As I grow and learn more and more about Christ, I also learn more about myself. But I understand it takes a lifetime to complete a journey of self awareness as we change from day to day. That's why I am so happy that my Lord and Saviour never changes- He's the one constant we can always depend on. His consistency is the perfect measuring tape for perfecting our lives in Him.

My prayer is that I push past myself to do what it takes to mature spiritually. "When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me."  1 Corinthians 13:11 Growing takes responsibility to make the proper Godly adjustments as needed by the leading of the Holy Spirit. Paul knew this as he uses the anology of childlike behavior. When we mature, we leave behind the old ways, the old habits, the old person to become a new creature in Christ. We never stop- we do it over and over again.

Today as you live, will you make the decision to allow God to do His perfect work within you? Let Him heal you, mend you and make you over again.



“The Lord will perfect that which concerneth me.” Psalm 138:8

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful post lady! I know the feeling, and trust me God is able to mae us over. Renew our hearts, minds and spirits! Wishing you the best! God is able to do exceedingly and abundantly above all that we can ask or think!
    http://mizzentice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes He is!!!! Thanks for the blog love! I'll check out yours! Be blessed!

    ReplyDelete