Tuesday, May 10, 2011

My words and my thoughts

The mouth. So powerful and so precious. My spirit has been made aware to be very cautious of the things that come out of my mouth. Often times I forget just how much power it really has.

Think on this: "May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer." -Psalm 19:14

The Bible also says in Proverbs 18:21 that "the tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit." Remember the saying you are what you eat? Well, our words are the same. They are a mere reflection of your thought life. Your thoughts are a reflection of what is in your spirit as your spirit identifies you. Good or bad, whichever we choose to speak, ultimately becomes who we are. Our words move the atmosphere and shifts and shapes our world because we are part flesh and part spirit. God gave us this power to use for His glory.

The Bible warns us to be mindful of what we say. Ecclessiastes 10:20 tells us not to be mindful of our thoughts and words "because a bird of the air may carry your words, and a bird on the wing may report what you say."

Take the time to carefully choose your words. Ask yourself, do my words give God glory?
May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14

2 comments:

  1. What is painful sometimes, too, is that after the words are uttered they cannot be recalled. It is at times acting/speaking out of anger or fear, we say what we are thinking and it becomes a weapon which wounds at times.

    Much food for thought, thank you indeed, Elle. This is the second time for the week that the Proverbs verse you quoted has come to my attention. Maybe it is for me to be more mindful of my thought process.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome... and yes, you are right. Our words have too much power to be taken for granted. Let us all be mindful of the things that we say! Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete