Tuesday, April 12, 2011

But the greatest of these is love

Recently, my husband and I had some troubling news. Never would we have ever thought we'd have to face a situation like this that could potentially effect the rest of our lives. As the news came to us my heart sank with so much dispair. What's going to happen next? Is there something we could have done? How will this go away? These were just a few of the questions that came to mind. But through this all God is showing me how to love my husband in a deeper, more devoted way. God wants us to love freely- that means all inhibitions totally removed. At the last supper, Jesus began to wash the disciples' feet. This was such a moving, powerful act by the Master. He showed His followers that to love is to serve. I am learning this. I am learning how to be obedient to the voice of God even if I don't understand it, and to love even when it hurts or I simply don't want to. We WILL get through this. I have faith to believe that our lives are in God's hands. My hope is in His will for our lives. I am thankful for this. In return there is peace in knowing that the Father is pleased, and that my heart is growing with each passing day. "And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love." I Corinthians 13:13

No comments:

Post a Comment