Friday, February 4, 2011

Gentleness, Quietness

There are times in life when the loudest sound we should make is silence.

It is powerful, meaningful, and has just as much impact as any speach or proclamation. When I steal away to the quietness in my soul, I find rest for my weary mind and ease to my spirit. It is then that I announce ever so quietly that in this moment my being has taken on the assignment of peace even if there is total chaos surrounding me. You can find that quiet place in your heart.

Remember to frequently take yourselves off your own back burner. Get all the love, attention and rest you need to carry on. Shut the phone off, go for a walk, meditate on a scripture. Whatever it takes, retain those moments of gentleness and quietness.


You deserve it and so do I.

"He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters." -Psalms 23:2

2 comments: